News Update :
Home » » Prepare To Meet GOD In Prayer

Prepare To Meet GOD In Prayer

Penulis : Jimz on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 | 9:38 AM


Scriptures for Prayer Meeting

Matthew 6:5-8
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

When we pray, we must prepare our hearts and ourselves, with intensity and seriousness in coming to Him, our Lord whom we are going to see face-to-face, the Lord of Lords, King of Kings. If only we should realize the approaching of God, there should be a preparation of our self and our hearts.

v.6
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.
Close the door wherein nobody can disturb you while you pray - alone in encountering God. Exclude self and lock out other people. Sometimes we are disturbed when we are nearly coming to His presence. We are bothered of our own problems, things we must do. Sometimes we are in a hurry. We think of other people. We think of what other more blessings we could ask God for. Or should I pray for this person to change her/his attitude. We are bothered when we pray.

Enter into your throne. Close the door. God wants us to focus on Him. Free from any disturbances. Forget yourself. Forget other people.
Entering into your room, you are in communion with our God. Prepare yourself to meet our God. Only God must know what you were doing at that time.

Testimony from a Christian
There is no value in life in entering to the sacred chamber, in locking the door, the whole time I am full of myself and thinking of myself and priding myself about prayer. I have to exclude myself as well as other people. My heart has to be open entirely only to God. God alone.. Open our hearts until we come to a realm that we encounter only the glory of God, until we hear the voice of God, until God reveals Himself to us.

Psalm 86:11-12
11 Teach me your way, LORD,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

Unite my heart to fear Your Name. Know whom we are going to meet - our Living God. Focus on God alone. Deny yourself. Forget everything. There should be exclusivity that only God you are going to meet. Our God who loves us, who cares for us. Wait for Him to reveal His plan to us, the best plan for us.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger